Site Plan To Do List:
1. Define and gather all information on products or services that will be site’s focus.
2. Define your target markets? What are the applications of your product or services?
3. Perform competitive research.
4. Perform keyword research for target markets, review ranking on competitive keywords.
5. Map keywords to the buy cycle, “Awareness, Interest, Consider, Purchase”.
6. Match-up brand or service keywords to the target markets.
7. Design your site architecture. Categorizing, organizing, labeling and prioritizing website content to support craw-ability, indexation, ranking, usability and find-ability.
8. Create an outline of your site navigation, list functionality needed.
9. Register your domain, and set-up your hosting.
10. Develop your site, my suggestion is WordPress, Genesis Framework and to start with a Studio Press Template.
11. Create Internal links, using anchor text and descriptive keyword labeling.
12. Create External Links, Back Links and Submit XML Sitemap to the search engines.
13. Consider all local search listings, set-up accounts with listings and social media sites[FaceBook, Twitter, Linked In, etc.].
14. Consider Google Adword, Yahoo and Bing Pay-Per Click [PPC] advertising.
15. Consider creating E-Newsletters and Press Releases, Blogging and writing articles to build content and traffic.